Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Sky is Grey

From the start, I thought this would be a difficult story to read simply because of the grammer that was used. All of the shortening of the words as well as the use of words I have never even heard of was very confusing. As I continued to read on, it became easier, and I even started to like the story. I felt bad that this family was so poor, the little boy refused to let his mother know just how much pain his tooth was really causing him. It was apparent that this story is set in the past, and probably down in the south somewhere. I also found it very brave of the little boy to walk out in the cold while it was sleeting, and he was in pain but yet he never complained. I felt that this really revealed how poor the family really was. For the most part, I really ended up liking this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment