Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Memento Mori-The Movie

After reading the story, and then watching the movie it is obvious that there are some differences. The story doesn't go into as much detail as the movie does. I personally enjoyed the movie more, because it helped me understand how Lenny became unable to remember anything that has to do with short term memory. I was able to comprehend the idea of the tattoos, and why he needed them to remember. I feel that in the movie, Lenny used more pictures with notes attached to them to help him remember. He was also not shown in a hospital setting as much as he was in the book. One thing I did not like about the movie was how open-ended it was left. The ending is left at a point that we, as watchers, don't know what will happen to Lenny.

No comments:

Post a Comment