Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Brokeback Mountain-Movie and story

For anyone who had not seen or read this story, I'm sure it was eye-opening. I personally like this story, because it forces the reader to expand their ideas while possibly stretching outside of their comfort zone. For the most part, I felt that both the movie and the story were pretty similar. Of course there are a few differences, and one major one lies in the story. I think the story seemed to skip through the life of Jack Twist and Ennis Delmar. The story was able to capture their love, and obviously capture how they expressed their love for each other. The movie, I felt, did a better job at explaining how the two progress through their lives. With the movie, the audience is really able to see the emotions that are present. Although some people might view this film as controversial, I believe that it is necesssary to see or read. It offers a different life style that others may forget even exsists.

No comments:

Post a Comment